Tuesday 17 September 2013

Singapore: Waffles at Strangers' Reunion

Since I start sch at 10am tmr (instead of the usual 9am), I decided to drop an entry! Yay, I'm becoming less of a sloth!
 
Strangers' Reunion
37 Kampong Bahru
Nearest MRT: Outram

So I visited this place for the first time during my summer holidays back in Spore! Went there with my mom (becos I have no friends... just joking!!!) It's always nice spending time with my mom. She drove so I'm not too sure abt the directions frm Outram MRT station, but apparently it's walkable! The place is situated just opposite Singapore General Hospital (SGH).

Eggs royale, buttermilk waffles and a hot cuppa latte
 
We went there on a Sat at abt 3pm and there wasn't any queue yay! I've heard so much abt their buttermilk waffles with artisan greek yoghurt and fresh fruits so even though I'm not a waffles kinda person, I HAD to order it to try. Decided to order their eggs royale too. Strangers' Reunion is home to the Singapore National Barista Championship winner, Ryan Tan, which means that you have to try their coffee when you're there!
 
The waffles looked really yummy when they arrived at my table. And it was definitely love at first bite!!! It was soooo good!!! And the weirdest thing is that I don't even like greek yoghurt but when you put it together with the fruits and waffles, it was divine! One of the best waffles I've had in Singapore (another place which serves good waffles would be Salted Caramel at Upper Thomson!)
On the other hand, the eggs royale was only average.
 
I'm not a coffee person but I guess my latte was pretty decent! My mom had their special drip coffee of the day, and if I'm not wrong it's called Geisha. According to one of the waiters, they only had that coffee bean that week so I guess we were pretty lucky to be able to taste it! And I must say that the drip coffee was surprisingly good! It was light and slightly on the sweet side and my mom really liked it!
 
AND becos I couldn't stop thinking abt the waffles I had, I went back to Strangers' Reunion the following wk again with my mom! This time, we went there on a Sunday at arnd 2pm and there was a queue! Waited for abt 20 mins before we got a table!
 
Mocha (SGD$5.50)
Banana date bread with walnut crumble and espresso butter (SGD$13.50)
Buttermilk waffles with greek yoghurt and fresh fruits ($11.50)

I had high expectations for the banana date bread, I mean after all, the description sounded so yummy. And FYI, I absolutely love bananas and everything that has bananas. So I was very excited abt the banana bread BUT it turned out to be a huge disappointment! The banana bread was dry and it lacked flavor! Would be absolutely shameless to say this but honestly thought that I could do a better job than that! And also, I felt that $13.50 for 2 slices of banana bread is kinda ex?
 
Overall, I like Strangers' Reunion for its chill atmosphere and minimalistic décor, as well as friendly waiters and yummy waffles. Just don't ever order their banana date bread, and you'll be safe.
 
Gonna end off with an ootd shot taken on my first visit to Strangers' Reunion!

Ignore the bruises on my legs haha

Okay will definitely write abt my bday the next time! But for now, it's time to snooze, bye! X

No comments:

Post a Comment